Sunday, September 6, 2015

What On Earth Is Diatomaceous Earth?


DE or "dirt", as referred to by many, has been used by people for many years for colon cleansing, detoxifying, anti-parasitic and as a safe, organic, natural insecticide. For about 4,000 years, the Chinese and Egyptians have dusted DE in their grains to protect them from being spoiled by moisture, mold and pests. These processes keep them dry and repel or kill unwanted pests.

So what exactly is DE? Diatomaceous Earth is a white chalky rock sediment built up over eons and eons by fossilized skeletal remains of diatoms. These fossilized rock formation are called diatomite. Diatoms are one of the most common types of phytoplankton, a singled celled algae. The diatoms' cells are encased within a unique cell wall made of silica, in the form of silicon dioxide. These rock sediments are crushed and milled into a flour like consistency and hence it is also called Fossil Shell Flour.

Silica is a major mineral vital to all life forms - animals, plants and humans. Dr. Adolf Butenandt, 1939 Nobel Price winner, proved that "life cannot exist without silica". Dr. Barbara Hendel states that "Silica is the most important trace element in human health". Perma-Guard's Fresh Water Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth contains 89 - 95% amorphous silica and 14+ essential trace minerals.

It is important to know that amorphous silica is different from crystalline silica. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth amorphous silica is silicon dioxide in it's natural occurring state. A major mineral that co-exists with essential trace minerals such as: calcium, copper, iron, potassium, sodium, titanium, boron, manganese, copper and zirconium. These are minerals every mammals on the planet needs to live. It becomes crystalline when it is exposed to extreme heat through volcanic activity or commercial manufacturing means. Crystalline silica is used in filtration systems such as those of swimming pools, aquariums, etc... This form is extremely dangerous when inhaled or ingested and not biodegradable.

Food Grade DE is used as: Animal Feed Additive, Anti-Caking Agent, Inert Carrier, Grain Storage Protectant, Trace Mineral Supplements for both animals and humans and food grade insecticide. Churned into soil, it provides the earth with much needed minerals and porosity improving fertility and soil tilth.

In her book, "Going Green Using Diatomaceous Earth How-to Tips", Tui Rose, a concerned mother and registered nurse, does an excellent job in providing fact based data and resources for DE. It is an easy guide book for using a safer alternative, natural mineral, food grade insecticide with over 101 uses.

7 comments:

  1. How do we know this is a real, genuine, unsolicited post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation.com has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices. Purchase these medicines and get the generic medicines delivered in USA, UK & Australia,I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie, I am so happy to hear your healthy. I just sent over a pm email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivanna
    I would love to talk and I am happy your doing better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I contacted HIV in 2009, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV. I started taking my ARV's, My CD4 was 77 and viral load was 112,450. I saw a website of Dr Ojieabu , also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses medicine to cure HIV. I contacted him and told him my problems, He sent me the herbal medicine and I took it for 14 days which was two weeks,after then I went for check-up and I was cured. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT, there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cure HEPATITIS B, CANCER, HERPES, DIABETES and lots more. You can reach him WhatsApp (+2347087681025) or email address drojieabuherbalhome@gmail. com or visit his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/drojieabuherbalcure/

    ReplyDelete

  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete